18 Preventive Steps to be Victimized of Cyber Crime
Preventive precautions are better than to be a victim of this digital crime. Some of the important points need to be considering before going into digital media.
- Firewall: Firewalls are the modern technology. It is being used to prevent such attacks while on the network.
- Changing the password frequently: In view of the whole system it is important to have a strict security of the accounts. Frequent change of password is the better solution.
- Safe Browsing: Do not use often the different computer systems. For example, do not use your email and other accounts on the several computer systems
- Use the devices scanned from the Virus: Always make arrangements to keep your system healthy with proper protections. So make it necessary to have a proper check before plugin any device into the computer such as DVDs, VCDs, USB etc.
- Suspicious Email Filter: Make your email account up to date. Check with email filters to stop the suspicious emails. Configure email account with an automatic solution of filtering these suspicious emails.
- Always consider avoiding sending your photographs to any unknown to avoid any incidence of misuse of your photographs.
- Take a proper measure of data backup your data in case of any virus attack of data may not lose.
- Keep an eye on your children to prevent any kind of harassment on children.
- Website owners should have always some special measures to cover the irregular traffic source by putting the host-based intrusion detection system.
- Make a proper backup system of your files and folders of official documents if it had been attacked by an attacker or virus.
- Always make your devices disconnected from the interment while it is not in use.
- Keep your system and devices and desktop system update with official updates for preventing suspicious files.
- Protect your wireless routers and devices with frequent change of passwords periodically
- Do not make a file share point with unknown linker
- Disable the network settings when it is not in use
- Do not respond to the xyz messages or any suspicious links that you not know. Even avoid having a single click.
- Take care before opening the email attachments. Follow the proper scan procedure before entering opening the email attachment