What is SMOG- Causes-Affects and Precautions of SMOG
SMOG affects on human
What is SMOG- Causes-Affects and Precautions on human being topic of today. SMOG is a serious threat to the human being of Urban areas in the entire world because it leaves certain hazardous affects on human. It pollutes the atmosphere and air. Industrial and vehicular emissions are some of the main causes of SMOG. Particles of Smoke, fog in the solid form and mixture of liquid in the atmosphere are usually referred to SMOG.
According to Wikipedia ““Smog is a type of air pollutant. The word “smog” was coined in the early 20th century as a portmanteau of the words smoke and fog to refer to smoky fog, its opacity, and odour. This kind of visible air pollution is composed of nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, ozone, smoke or particulates among others (less visible pollutants include carbon monoxide, CFCs and radioactive sources).”
Causes of Smog
Following are some of the main causes of smog:
- Usage of Coal as fuel and emissions and gases from it.
- Vehicular emissions (smoke).
- Industrial emissions (in form of gases and smoke etc.)
- Waste and garbage in the streets and roads.
- Burning of crop remains in the field are causes of smoke emission.
- Fire eruption in the forests and fields.
- Eruption of volcanoes.
- Burning of waste and garbage.
Effects of Smog
Smog is a serious threat to human health and some of its main effects on human life are:
- Asthma- it can worsen the condition of asthmatic person and become cause of threat to health.
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Lungs damage
- Irritation of eyes
Precautions and prevention of smog
The mixture of fog, dust and smoke are the causes of SMOG. Some of the due precautions are given below.
- Drink plenty of water daily to avoid smog affects.
- Stay at home during SMOG and avoid to wander on streets.
- Keep doors and windows closed during SMOG season so that it may not affect you inside home.
- Clean your home with wet and clean cloth.
- Wear glasses while traveling on bikes and clean the eyes with cold water during and after the traveling
- Use loose clothes and always keep mask with you during SMOG season.
- Avoid consumption of refrigerated items and cold drinks.
- Sprinkle water outside the home on dusty and polluted areas.
- Keep vigilance on under construction and unhygienic places.
- Inspect your cars and avoid traveling during SMOG season keep the environment healthy.
- Pay special attention to Children and Old age people so that they may not suffer any disease.
- In case of eye and breathing problem immediate consult with your nearest doctor.
Thanks for being with us on the topic “What is SMOG- Causes-Affects and Precautions”. You may leave your comments for improvement of this topic.