Waqar Younis Stats
Waqar Younis born on 16th November 1971 in Vehari District of Punjab. Waqar Younis was a fast bowler in the Pakistani cricket team and known as Burewala Express and nickname Vicky. The special thing about Waqar Younis is his reverse swing technique. He was also known as Toe Crusher with his dangerous fast bowling style.
Waqar Younis Education
Waqar Younis studied his early period of time from Sadiq Public School Bahawalpur and later from Sharjah at Higher Secondary School. Waqar Younis spent his early educational period in UAE where his father was working as a contractor. He will remain all-time favorite bowler in the cricket history.
Waqar Younis Wife / Family
He married to Dr. Faryal Waqar Younis. Faryal Waqar is a doctor by profession and Australian National Pakistani women. They have two daughters and one son (Azan Waqar, Maira, and Mariam Waqar)
List of the Interesting Facts of Waqar Younis’s Career.
- He started his career in 1987/88 in Multan with a domestic cricket club
- He played for different clubs with a different period of times such as UBL Bank, Allied Bank Ltd, NBP, Pakistan, Lahore Blues, Karachi, Rawalpindi etc.
- He also faced a swear injury that his little finger cut and removed while he was swimming in a canal.
- Imran Khan was the person who discovered and introduced him to the International cricket stadium.
- He took the chance to play when Saleem Jaffar got injured against Delhi XI.
- Played for county cricket Club Surrey from 1990 to 1993 and proved himself a great blower by taking 113 wickets in 586 overs.
- Younis also played for another county cricket club Glamorgan from 1997 to 1998 and took seven wickets against Lancashire county club at Liverpool in June 1997.
- He started his first international career against India on 16th November 1989.
- Waqar and Sachin Tendulkar are the players who had started their career on the same day in the same match against each other.
- He took 4 wickets in his first International match against India. including the wickets of Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev
- He marked his Hat-trick against New-Zealand in 1994
- He was banned by international Cricket association due to allegations of ball tampering
- He was famous for beamer and was removed from attacking bellower due to a beamer to Australian Batsman Andrew Symonds
- Waqar has been a blowing coach from 2006 to 2007 of Pakistan International Cricket Team.
- Waqar Younis played his career’s last test match against South Africa on January, 2nd 2003
- Younis played 87 tests matches and took 373 wickets in his all-time test career.
- He started his One-day international career in Sharjah against West Indies in October 14th, 1989.
- He played 262 one day international matches and took 416 wickets
- He played his last ODI career match against Zimbabwe in March, 4th 2003.
- He Younis played the cricket for 15 years and declared his retirement in 2004