This topic is about to give you a simple solution about how to remove the error of disk write protected. only in case, you don’t have damaged USB following are the methods which can help you.
- First, you have to open the command prompt from the window. Press the Window+R and press enter. Type in the dialogue box CMD
- After opening the system CMD write the command diskpart and press enter.
- Next Step is the type the command list disk and press enter
- Now you have to select the device type select disk 2. In my case, its number is 2. Select yours as per your convenience.
- Now after the selection the desired disk from the given list type the command attributes disk clear randomly
- Now further unplug your drive from your computer and check the device. I hope the problem will be no more. Furthermore, in case the device does not work again. Do the following steps for activating the device
- Press the Windows+R and type regdit to open the registry files of the computer
- Select the HKEY Local Machine
- Then Select the system file
- Further, in process select the file current control set
- Now under the selected directory find the file Storage Devices
- After open the desired file select the file write protected and right click to modify the file and then change the value into 0
After following the upper given directions. I hope you will be able to modify your USB and format as well.