What is a Hard Drive Disk Partition?
Computer Data Drive is an essential part of the computer. Making the storage portions into different parts is called hard disk drive partitions. Such as you have 500 GB hard disk drive so you divide the total drive space into different portions 250GB+250GB
- Right click on my computer and click on the mange (disk management)
- After click on the manage section, another working window will pop up before you. Now there is a tab of disk management click to open the disk management.
- In this section, the computer will show already created disk management sections of the computer. Now select the desired drive which you want to create a disk partition.
- Next, select the drive of the partition e.g. that I have E drive for which I want to make a partition. Right click on the E drive. After making right click there will be a volume name shrink volume.
- After clicking on the shrinking tab there will be another window will pop up before you.
- The next step is in the new window. In this four different options will appear now enter the amount of disk space which you want to create another partition and apply on shrink tab. The disk partition will be created.
- Now in the step in the next window, an unallocated drive will appear such as image given below. In the next step right-click on the unallocated file click on the New Simple version.
- After click on the new simple version, another message will pop up before you with message Welcome New Simple Volume Wizard
- Proceed further by clicking next. After that, another essential part of the assigning letter will appear. Select the letter to assign the label to the newly created drive. After assigning the letter to the specific drive proceed further and click up to finished it.
- Now the newly created drive is ready to store information and data as well.